Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Death Metal Bands


Okay, these are the things I realised about death metal bands (or black metal bands. Whatever it's called.):

1. It's all about screaming. And I don't even think it's screaming. To make it easier, I'm just going to call it hoarsing. It's kind of like yelling your lungs off in a really hoarse way. Like grating your throat on sandpaper. Seriously. It sounds painful. Almost like pouring nails down your throat painful. I pay my utmost respect to rock singers.

2. They have really nice lyrics! Some of it, at least. For example Theatre des Vampires, Atreyu, Savage Garden, Cradle of Filth and so on. But on the other hand, some of them have abominable lyrics - Dope. If you're observant enough, you'll know what inspired me. And you'll know what I mean by inspire because I don't mean inspiring me to write this post.

3. I can't bear looking at them. If I ever searched for them in youtube (out of boredom), I search those with lyrics. Can't stand their clothing, their make-up, their hair... It's... *shudders* I've got nothing more to say. Go see for yourselves.

4. Mild death metal bands are acceptable. But only when I'm high and will not develop terrible migraines. Bands like My Chemical Romance (Chiou Yih!), Within Temptation (it doesn't involve hoarsing and I love them. Sometimes.), Lyriel (I like some (notesome) songs) and possibly Autumn Tears.

5. Absolutely not suitable for children. Especially if you turn the speakers on real loud. They'll bawl their eyes out. Plus, there are all these lyrics like I'm gonna cut your head off and drink your f blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment