Saturday, November 20, 2010

Heart Goethe



Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is undoubtedly, one who makes the wittiest remarks ever. In fact, he's so good at it I think he's even better than good old Shakespeare. (I still love you, though) He's also the author of the phenomenal, Faust and The Sorrows of Young Werther.

Anyway, a few of my favourites:

1. We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.

2. Know thyself? If I knew myself I would run away.

3. A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.

4. There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste.

5. I laugh at my heart, and do its will.

6. One can stand anything except a succession of ordinary days.

7. If I love you, what business is it of yours?

8. One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

9. Beware of her fair hair, for she excels all women in the magic of her locks; And when she winds them round a young man's neck, She will not ever set him free again.

10. We are shaped and fashioned by what we love. 


P.S. P.N. I love you best though.

No comments:

Post a Comment