Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nature



PLEASE READ Note: And so for the first time ever in 5 years, my class was asked to write a poem by our English teacher. And even though the title is 'Nature', which I think totally ruins everything poetic, I still get to write a freakin' poem for school!!! =) Oh yes, would you guys please read and tell me how it is before I submit to the teacher? I want my first submitted poem to be perfect. (And yes, I did copy a few lines from my previous poems.)

The moon hangs herself
Silvery innards spill across the Stygian night;
While She dances, adroit limbs moving
Soundlessly among the woods.

She breathes - a silent hiss that
Snakes between the contours of the hills,
Where the nightingale laments his love
In a soporific lullaby, so dolefully that

She cried, tears falling like a string of pearls
Onto the flower petals and the gossamer silk of webs
As an ephemeral gem; only to
Disappear as the sun rises.

But then the wind worked up a tempest,
Scooping Her up in it, and our
Mother has gone with the amalgam of pine seeds
That would soon resurrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment