Sunday, September 25, 2011

Deepest and Darkest




Better to be cradled in sea shells
And float through the millennium of nights;
Alone and forgotten, but infinitely
free - free as I had never been,
from the alien hurt
and from you.

I've loved you too long
and now my soul is bloated -
swollen for feasting on you:
you and your perennial
cynicism. My dark prince,
you hold too much darkness and I
inhaled too much of you.

Of black I know too well.
Viscous and tenacious it clings
so possessively to me, to my
body and my bones. And
there is nowhere to hide
from the swooping sadness
that creeps up on me.

Better to be cradled by the whisperings
and sleep through a thousand years;
uncomprehending and dispassionate, but
miraculously living and breathing
as I had never been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment