Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Le Tre Madri




So after fretting so much about what I'm going to dress up as for Halloween, I finally got it. I'm going to be Mater Tenebrarum, literal translation Mother of Darkness but more commonly known as Lady of Darkness.

Okay, so basically it's the story of The Three Mothers, who are three sisters who created the art of witchcraft in the early 11th century. They are extremely powerful and evil and are often thought to be Death personified. The eldest and wisest is Mater Suspiriorum, Lady of Sighs aka The Black Queen. The second sister is Mater Lachrymarum, Lady of Tears, most beautiful of the three. And the youngest sister is Mater Tenebrarum, Lady of Darkness, most cruel of the three.






I've got most of the makeup figured out, but I still need a long black dress. So anyone, if you have, pleaaaassee. =) Gosh, I'm so excited! This is going to be one of my last Halloweens here and it's gotta be awesome.

Lyrics of Mater Tenebrarum, courtesy of my favourite death metal band, Theatre des Vampires:
But the third sister, who is also the youngest !
Hush ! Whisper whilst we talk of her !
Her kingdom is not large, or else no flesh should live ; but within that kingdom all power is hers.
She droops not ; and her eyes rising so high might be hidden by distance.
She is the defier of God. She is also the mother of lunacies, and the suggestress of suicides.
Deep lie the roots of her power ; but narrow is the nation that she rules.
And her name is Mater Tenebrarum - Our Lady of Darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment