Monday, March 23, 2009

Weapons

I have always been interested in swords and guns. Ever since the day I was born, perhaps? I know that it might be a teensy-weensy bit unusual for a girl to like these things, so sue me. Because really, I don't give a damn what you think.

As I was saying, the sharp, shiny blade twinkling in the sun has always captured my attention. I love the way the blade winks. I love the way the ancients swing their swords in the air, how they managed to win an entire country using these metal pieces, how they end someone's life with just a little stab. That piece of metal had completely fascinated me, and though I have never touched one before I longed to. Ahh... Maybe when I'm older.

And of course, how could I not love that black little thing that roars so loudly when squeezed? You do know I'm talking about a gun. Yes, I like guns too. Who wouldn't? (Don't answer that.) If I had the time, I would probably have studied guns. Perhaps after I master my French and could recite the entire Roman history. I'm enthralled with it's mechanism. I would very much like to be able to identify a gun by it's caliber. That would be nice.

Between a gun and a sword, I think that using swords requires more practice. It requires a heck lot more skills than using a gun. And it definitely requires more strength. Of course I'm not saying guns are easy to use. I'm just saying that you need more skills to master a sword than a gun. And Chee Yi, bending a bullet is not a skill. You're watching too much Wanted.

And I know that by writing this post I'm violating a "WS's rule for girl behaviour" since he disapproves of girls working in an office because he believes girls should be staying at home taking care of their children. Sorry, dude. But I don't believe there should be any difference between males and females at all.

Therefore, I conclude that swords are cooler than guns. I think I can hear several objections.

P.S. I must admit, my view may be biased. But you can't possibly blame me, right? Have you seen the way Achilles (Brad Pitt) and Hector (Eric Bana) fought in the movie, Troy? Brilliant. Absolutely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment