Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hannibal- Part 2

Mischa! I woke with a jolt. My whole body was shakinguncontrollably and cold sweat broke out on my forehead.

My head was aching terribly. I could almost hear the throbbing of my temples, veins drumming in the same rhythm, the same force. I held a hand to my head when the scream of a little girl sliced through the drummings and all hell broke loose. It took me a moment to realise that the scream had come from my mind and the little girl who screamed was my beloved Mischa. Flashes of images started penetrating my head with alarming force.

Seven men advancing toward us as my heart beats began to accelerate. Eyes, watching my sister hungrily, their lips slightly slack as drool started to gather around the corner of their mouths. My arms tightened around Mischa, holding her close to me and tears began to stream down my cheeks when I realised how helpless I am. I looked at my thin, strength-less arms around her in disgust and I knew that I could not protect her from harm.

Grutas pried my arms away from Mischa and ignored my screams. The hurls and kicks I gave him when he bent down to unchain her were futile. Mischa took his hands as he led her to the kitchen and away from me.

I covered my ears when my sister screamed and the men laughed in delight. "Hannibal!" she cried. "Hannibal!" And when I did not answer her for I was sobbing so hard I was out of breath, she called to our parents instead. "Mamma! Papa!" Her childish voice rang across the house as she called for help. Another scream squeezed through the gaps of my fingers and entered my ears. Laughter and joy when they took the first bite of my sister's flesh.

By then, my head was spinning and I was throwing up before collapsing to the floor and losing consciousness.

Eat or die...

No comments:

Post a Comment