Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Note: This is for me. May my wishes come true.



A bell chimed, the full golden circles of the sound seemed to penetrate the walls; shake the timber that carried the sound down to the earth like great organ pipes.

Again came that singing, that inarticulate whisperings of my heart. It was fluttering like the wings of a hummingbird; it was soaring high above in the bright night, illuminated by the moon and the stars and the city lights; it was crying with ecstasy, with intoxicating euphoria, with overwhelming elation.

I was in Paris, the city of lights, the light of my heart. I stood before the great Notre Dame de Paris, admiring her grandeur; the intricate carvings on the great columns even more delicate than the silk on a spider's web. And from within, came the beautiful chorus of hymns. It wove its way through the lovely stained glass and slipped into my ears.

Dies iræ! Dies illa
Solvet sæclum in favilla
Teste David cum Sibylla!

(Translation)
Day of wrath! O day of mourning!
See fulfilled the prophets' warning,
Heaven and earth in ashes burning!

Oh, how lovely the melody! It was honey, it was love; it was all things beautiful. I sighed in satisfaction.

Tuba mirum spargens sonum
per sepulchra regionum,
coget omnes ante thronum.

(Translation)
Wondrous sound the trumpet flingeth;
through earth's sepulchers it ringeth;
all before the throne it bringeth.

Yes, this is my perfect birthday present. This is what I've wished for, what I've been waiting for, what I've yearned for. And now all this, is what I'm still wishing for, waiting for, yearning for...



P.S. Thanks to all of my friends who wished me and hugs and kisses for the presents. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment