Saturday, December 31, 2011

Leonardo da Vinci

Alright, everyone who knows me knows that I'm absolutely fanatic about Leonardo da Vinci. Yet I don't know why I've never written about his work in my blog before. Until now, that is.

He's the most ingenious man ever lived (in my opinion anyway), surpassing even Newton. Not only was he a painter and sculptor, as we know him to be, he was also an architect, musician, writer, botanist, mathematician, engineer, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, inventor and scientist. I know, that man has a kick-ass resume.

Anyway, these are a few of his paintings and sketches that I adore:


Virgin of the Rocks


St. Jerome in the Wilderness


St John the Baptist


La Scapigliata


The Battle of Anghiari


Leda and the Swan

And of course,


Mona Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment