Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year



Can't really believe it's 2012 already. I'm skeptical about the whole Mayan prophecy thing, but in any case, I really hope that the world doesn't end this year or anytime soon.

I started 2012 reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, having read the abridged version a few years ago and for some reason this gives me the confidence that it's going to be a good year. I mean, I know it's a downright depressing and even slightly maniacal book but, I don't know, it soothes me like all depressing things do.

Anyway, quote from the book:
"We all have such fateful objects -- it may be a recurrent landscape in one case, a number in another -- carefully chosen by the gods to attract events of specific significance for us: here shall John always stumble; there shall Jane's heart always break."

No comments:

Post a Comment