Sunday, January 8, 2012

Alexander McQueen


Of all the many fashion designers who are talented beyond imagination these days, I have to say that I have a penchant for Alexander McQueen. I guess it's because his designs are comparatively darker. It has an obsessive and morbid nature if you look beneath the gilded sequins and elaborate fabric and in a way some of it is almost, grotesque. And you know, that there is nothing I like more than grotesquery.

Besides, his designs have a romantic and sometimes medieval feel to it. Even when he designs something futuristic, there are the telltale details that suggest ancient origins. Also, I love the theatricality of his intricate and almost labyrinthine gowns. Every piece seems to hint at a mystery or a clandestine secret behind its folds. Oh God I could die in his glorious gowns. Anyway, a few of my favourites:

Autumn/Winter collection 2009



Autumn/Winter collection 2010





Savage Beauty collection: Romantic Nationalism



Miscellaneous






2 comments:

  1. Yesss!.I love these.I love anything medieval.I wanted a medieval costume for halloween.lol.They were all over my budget.Andd what is your concentration at your new school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking English, Pre-Calculus, Psychology, Biology and Moral Ed for my first semester. Thinking of taking Philosophy, Art History, History, Western Civilization and anthropology for the next few semesters. You?

    ReplyDelete