Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Trip To Rome- Part 1

Ciao people! I am aware I have not posted for quite a long time and I'm terribly sorry about that. You see, the fact is, I've been travelling in Rome, Italy for the past week and I just came home yesterday.

Rome is, indescribably fantastic. It's not something that could be described using words. Italy is my soul, the way France is my heart and Greece is my spirit. I love every bit of it and I almost clung to lamp post and cry on the way to the airport.



The Pantheon. The oldest large-scale dome in the world. Standing for almost over 2000 years, this structure is built to worship all pagan gods. The tomb of Raphael is also in this building.


Vatican City. The main root of Roman Catholicism. It is the smallest state in the world, run by his Holiness, the Pope. It has the world's most organised and efficient guards called the Swiss Guards, to the admiration of many countries. Can you not love it?




I love the Vatican Museum when it's empty. You get to enjoy it all by yourself in peace and quiet. Beautiful, innit? And look at the ceiling of the Vatican museum. This museum holds over thousands of arts by famous artists like da Vinci, Botticelli, Raphael, Bernini, Michaelangelo and others. It's okay to cry when you enter the museum. Even if you're a boy.





This is the Colosseum. It holds 50,000 spectators to enjoy watching public executions and gladiatorial fights. Despite its gruesome history, I love it with all my heart. (Alright, maybe I love it because of its gruesome history.)




And this is the Piazza Venezia. (Piazza means square.)

That is all for this post. I have a lot more photos to share with you and I will continue in another post. I can't show you all in one day, I'm afraid. After all, Rome isn't built in a day, is it?

P.S. All information below the photographs are historical facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment