Monday, September 27, 2010

Muffins


I baked lemon poppy with blueberry muffins yesterday. When it first came out of the oven, I ate a spoonful of it despite the temperature and got my tongue burned. But hell, it was totally worth it. The texture was unbelievable. It's so soft and chewy and oh, dio mio. 5 minutes later, when it cooled down slightly, I made strawberry tea to go with it; even taking out my mum's best china. 

And I said to myself, "this is it. This is heaven."

Anyway, I brought some to school since I promised Lixian and Wenshen I would make them some and brought a few extra ones too. And guess what??? The air sacs freaking collapsed. I mean, it's not light and airy and soft anymore. It's heavy and dense and lord, it breaks my heart to talk about it. I think I'm going to cry.

Can someone pleeeaaaaseeee tell me how's this happening? I'll be eternally grateful to you. Swear.

I'll post the real pictures when I have the time. These are just for you to drool.







P.S. Sorry cy, I don't have enough for you. But will try to make chocolate ones next time, okay?

P.P.S. I know why it's dense!!! Even though I'm mixing it verrrry verrrrrryyyyy sloooooooowly, it's still way overmixed because I tried to get rid of all the flour lumps. And I just found out that it's supposed to be lumpy because they'll eventually dissipate in the oven. No wonder. They fold the mixture for like, 4 or 5 times max and I was folding it for I dunno, 10, 13 times? My mood just got considerably better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment