Monday, July 11, 2011

High Land



I was in Cameron Highlands for the weekend with the BIG family. And while I was there, this poem by Jackie Kay suddenly materialized in my head before I even realize how befitting it is to my current whereabouts.


I don't remember who kissed who first,
who touched who first, who anything to whom.
All I remember in the highland night - 
the sheep loose outside,
the full moon smoking in the sky - 
was that you led me and I led you.
And all of a sudden we were in a small room
in a big house with the light coming in
and your legs open; mine too.
And it was this swirling, twirling thing.
It's hard to fasten it down;
it is hard to remember what was what - 
who was who when the wind was coming in.


~ High Land


P.S. I will update pictures as soon as I get my hands on my cousin's pen drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment